Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Falling out with myself

Well, what can I say? Not a great start to the week. I've felt so horrible I could have fallen out with myself! Why? Who knows. I certainly don't. Could it be the after effects of the removal of the Mirena, or could it just be the stupid stress I'm putting myself under regarding work. I don't know. What I do know is that I've had the headache from hell since Monday which just won't shift no matter what I take. Again, could that be stress?

Still finding it extremely frustrating that I emailed my resignation at 5pm on Friday and as at 8.20pm on Wednesday (i.e. now) I still haven't had so much as the courtesy of an acknowledgment. Part of me thinks I'll email just to voice my disgust at the lack of reply. The other part of me wants to wait to see how long it takes for me to get a reply. It just makes me realise that I totally made the right decision to leave this highly unprofessional company. What I will miss however is the friends and support network I've made. However, hopefully with the power of the internet, and the lifelines that are Social Networking sites, I think I will be able to maintain those friendships and stay in touch.

I went for coffee this morning with a very dear friend who had some very upsetting news when she woke up. Her friend, who was only very young, but was suffering with multiple brain tumours had died last night. We talked about her feelings that she felt she had been meant to know Zoe for a reason. I told her I truly believed that, which was why I couldn't listen to the words of the song, 'For Good' from Wicked as the words are very poignant, and totally describe my relationship with Nan.

No comments:

Post a Comment